ad

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Contractions in English

Contractions Examples

list of contractions used in the English language

Contractions in English

  • aren't     are not
    can't     cannot
    couldn't     could not
    didn't     did not
    doesn't     does not
    don't     do not
    hadn't     had not
    hasn't     has not
    haven't     have not
    he'd     he had; he would
    he'll     he will; he shall
    he's     he is; he has
    I'd     I had; I would
    I'll     I will; I shall
    I'm     I am
    I've     I have
    isn't     is not
    it's     it is; it has
    let's     let us
    mightn't     might not
    mustn't     must not
    shan't     shall not
    she'd     she had; she would
    she'll     she will; she shall
    she's     she is; she has
    shouldn't     should not
    that's     that is; that has
    there's     there is; there has
    they'd     they had; they would
    they'll     they will; they shall
    they're     they are
    they've     they have
    we'd     we had; we would
    we're     we are
    we've     we have
    weren't     were not
    what's     what is; what has
    where's     where is; where has
    who'd     who had; who would
    who'll     who will; who shall
    who're     who are
    who's     who is; who has
    who've     who have
    won't     will not
    wouldn't     would not
    you'd     you had; you would
    you'll     you will; you shall
    you're     you are
    you've     you have

No comments:

Post a Comment